Available at Heald College:Information Technology: Network Security
In this program, students can learn the information technology and network security skills necessary to help businesses maintain their network systems and protect them against threats. Major topics include hardware and software, networking, information security, defensive countermeasures, ethical hacking and computer forensics. This program prepares students for careers in a variety of positions, including information security technician, LAN administrator, junior network administrator, technical support specialist and PC technician.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Perform common network administrative tasks associated with user and resource management, maintenance and monitoring of systems and fault tolerance strategies.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve basic issues in a TCP/IP network.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve basic computer and software problems.
- Identify major threats to computer systems and networks, apply effective countermeasures to prevent such attacks and develop recovery plans.
- Recognize and evaluate changes in the security environment and security field.
Locations offering this program:Concord
5130 Commercial Circle
Concord, CA 94520
25500 Industrial Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94545
2910 Prospect Park Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
7 Sierra Gate Plaza
Roseville, CA 95678
875 Howard Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94103
341 Great Mall Parkway
Milpitas, CA 95035
« More Heald College Programs